Band Registration for 2023 is now OPEN
- All band members younger than 22 (or enrolled in a minimum of 6 college credits)
- The band performs in one or more of the styles described in the “Style Guide” (on the Traditional Jazz Educators Network Web site)
- Less than 9 musicians perform at a time (in order to weave meaningful, improvised, ensemble counterpoint)
$150 Band Registration Fee Includes:
- All-events festival access for directors and individual band members
- Adjudicated performances. (Piano, bass/guitar amps and drums/cymbals provided)
- Recorded Feedback
- Onstage Feedback clinic based on performance. (Piano, amps and drums provided)
- Admission and pizza lunch for band directors and students to the noontime Jazz ‘n’ Pizza mentored jam
- Friday Opening Concert featuring So Cal trumpeter/trombonist Dan Barrett & the All-Star Clinicians Band
- Showcase of Encore Performances and Awards
- Group band photos available for purchase
- Instrument Check
- Festival Shirts available for online preorders
Band Registration Opens in September until December 31st
(Late Registration until January 10th on a Space Available basis for $250 per combo)
Band Registration Form
You may print out and mail the registration form or fill it out online.
You may pay the band registration fees online by following the "Pay Registration Fees" link below. We also accept payment via Venmo or Check. Contact Patti Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org for payment questions.
Checks written out to "SacJEF" can be mailed to:
Sacramento Jazz Education Foundation
P.O. Box 661763
Sacramento, CA, 95866.
(Please indicate your band name in the check memo field.)
If you are registering a single band for your school, use the “Band Registration (Single Band)” option.
If you are registering multiple bands from the same director/school, the first band is $150 and additional bands are $125 each.
Tune / Soloist Form
Please fill out the form below prior to February 1st.